.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Friday, September 29

Forgiveness

This time of year is usually a very reflective and pensive time for me. 2006 is no different.

A year ago, things were very different for me. In fact, I think it's safe to say that after a stagnation period of about 8 years, the ensuing two years have been a rollercoaster ride of change, emotion, betrayal, hurt, revelation, love, lust, sex, personal growth and increasing maturity.

Amazing how a person can grow up at the age of 36.

It is Yom Kippur on Monday, and true to my faith i will be fasting. I am not a religious or observant Jew in many ways but this is the one day in the calendar that i do keep, albeit in my own way. I refrain from eating, and sex (ha! fat chance) and wearing leather apparel (which for me means shoes, you perverted and debase bunch of debauchees), and i spend the day in quiet reflection of the past year, and how I behaved to others, and what I've done and how i could improve, and so on.

I also ask forgiveness from those close to me for any wrong-doing on my part, any small offences, any tactless slip of the tongue.... anything i have done to cause harm in anyway to those about whom i care deeply.

One of the blessings of this blog is that while my statistics don't come anywhere near the numbers garnered by other bloggy friends of mine (AAG, for example, or ArtfulDodger, or O), i do have a dedicated group of blogpals, who read me when i have something to say, and upon whose blogs i will reciprocally comment.

I often wax lyrical here about how i love you all. I am quite sincere. I do, really. You mean more to me than you know, and share a very special place in my heart that i reserve for those closest to me in the *real* world. I classify you all as those nearest and dearest to my heart.

This post is, on this one, isolated occasion, only for you guys. Not that anyone else is prevented from reading, but the people to whom I am writing know who they are. They all currently figure on my blogroll, so there's a little clue.

If i have done anything to offend you, or harm you, or upset you in any way over the last year, please forgive me. I would never have done so intentionally, and it would pain me deeply to know i had caused you grief of any shape or description. You have all been so wonderful to me, especially over the last year, and i am deeply grateful and feel very blessed to know you.

All of you.

Always your,
Minx

Labels: , , , , ,

13 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home